- 1 Dr. G’s Pharmacy Serves Our Urgent Care Patients
- 2 We Deliver!
- 3 Fill Your Prescriptions Conveniently
- 4 Follow Your Physician’s Directions
- 5 Pharmacies Support Our Pediatric Services
- 6 Urgent Care When You Need It
- 7 When Injuries & Illness Can’t Wait
- 8 Virtual Consultations
- 9 Pharmacy Services Cost
- 10 What Does Urgent Care Cover?
- 11 FAQ
- 12 References
Dr. G’s Pharmacy Serves Our Urgent Care Patients
Dr. G’s Pharmacy contracts with Dr. G’s Urgent Care locations to provide VIP service to our patients in South Florida. By offering our patients the opportunity to fill their prescriptions immediately after their doctor’s appointment, we continue our mission of making top-quality healthcare available to all the people in our community.
If cost, convenience and expanded office hours are important priorities in your medical decision-making, contact us at Dr. G’s Urgent Care in Delray Beach, Lake Worth and Coral Springs.
No appointments are necessary. You can walk right in!
By far, the greatest convenience of Dr. G’s Pharmacies is that our patients can access our services without leaving home. The pharmacy services can deliver your essential prescriptions and medications directly to your door. To set this up, call us at 561-330-9363.
Fill Your Prescriptions Conveniently
Did you know that you can get your prescription filled in just minutes before you even leave Dr. G’s Urgent Care Centers? Dr. G’s Urgent Care partners with Dr. G’s Pharmacy to provide our clients the opportunity to get their prescriptions filled right here on the premises. This is a service only for active clients of the Urgent Care Center and it is optional for our patients.
Available Medications Include but Are Not Limited To:
- Allergy medications
- Limited pain medications
- Hypertensive medications
- Diabetic medications
Follow Your Physician’s Directions
You can maximize the effectiveness of your healthcare by taking advantage of all that Dr. G’s Urgent Care has to offer. The flexible pharmacy hours are a potent complement to our physician services, allowing you to follow your doctor’s directions and put sound medical advice into prompt action.
The pharmacies serve an important role in individual and community health. They “close the loop” on an important process that begins in your doctor’s office, but isn’t complete until you fill your prescriptions. Our physician services include after-hours care and patient referrals. We can also perform specialized physicals to ensure a patient is healthy for surgery or medical treatment. We will expedite your surgical clearances. We serve patients of all ages across South Florida
Dr. G’s Urgent Care Locations
Pharmacies Support Our Pediatric Services
Dr. G’s pediatric services are another component of our comprehensive care. We know that busy parents are often pressed for time. Dr. G’s Pharmacies support the health of your little ones by making it fast and easy to tend to their medical needs in a single office visit.
If the illness or injury is urgent, Dr. G’s is open 12 hours a day to give families another option besides the emergency room. Pharmacies play an important role in our mission to provide a sensible, practical alternative to ER care so that hospital beds will be saved for only the worst emergencies. Those ER bills can really add up.
If your child’s medical concerns are not life-threatening, you may want to consider urgent care services instead of an emergency room visit.
Urgent Care When You Need It
Dr. G’s Urgent Care services are a vital component of our public health in South Florida. Together, with Dr. G’s pharmacies, our urgent care centers provide a flexible, functional alternative to the emergency room when the medical issue is urgent enough to require immediate attention but falls short of warranting an ER visit.
Our community’s hospitals only have finite resources. When medical care is carried out efficiently, everyone is healthier. Save the hospital visit for a true emergency and come to any of Dr. G’s Urgent Care clinics. We’re open 12 hours a day with a fully stocked pharmacy on-site. Working families with urgent medical concerns now have another option. You don’t need to make an appointment. We accept walk-ins.
Extended Hours for Dr. G’s Urgent Care
- Delray Beach – 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Lake Worth – 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Coral Springs – 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
When Injuries & Illness Can’t Wait
Injuries and illness sometimes can’t wait the two or three weeks it takes to set an appointment with your regular healthcare provider. When you or a member of your family wakes up in the middle of the night in pain, or short of breath, you need immediate medical attention. Together with our on-site pharmacy, Dr. G’s Urgent Care makes healthcare more accessible and available to the people of South Florida.
The stratospheric costs of an ER visit just aren’t worth it when the situation isn’t life-threatening. Dr. G’s fills the gap between your regular doctor and a trip to the hospital. Dr. G’s Pharmacy provides reasonably priced medications are also helpful to members of our community currently between healthcare plans.
We now offer virtual consultations so that our patients can see their providers from the comfort of their own homes. Then, Dr. G’s Pharmacy can deliver your medications right to you, so you don’t have to leave your house. Call to set this up at (561) 330-9363. Contact us to get the conversation started.
Virtual Consultations for Current Patients
- We just verify your insurance and take your copay over the phone.
- Then one of our staff triages you over the phone, reviewing your medical history and verifying your medications.
- Our provider then calls you back on your phone or iPad through a video call to go over your condition with the provider
Virtual Consultations for New Patients
- We take your basic information over the phone including your name, date of birth, and phone number.
- We then e-mail you consent forms for you to sign electronically.
- We also need you to take a picture of your driver’s license and insurance card and send it to us so we can verify your insurance.
- Once your information is verified, we take your payment over the phone.
- Then one of our staff members will triage you over the phone. They take your history and record your medications and allergies.
- Our provider then calls you back on your phone or iPad through a video call and you go over your condition with the provider
Pharmacy Services Cost
You deserve prompt, compassionate care at the right price. Dr. G’s Urgent Care is not in-network on Medicaid HMO plans, except for Molina, but offers a 50% discount on the visit price to Medicaid patients. Contact us online or call (561) 330-9363 today for details!
What Does Urgent Care Cover?
From preventative medicine to healing procedures to aftercare, Dr. G’s has you covered. You are not just a name on a chart here at Dr. G’s—you are a vital, wonderful individual. Life is full of stumbles and sickness, but we navigate them together and emerge stronger than before. Your doctor can explain the details of your particular health problems, guiding you from uncertainty to recovery.
Pharmacy services play an important role in your healthcare and wellbeing. Today’s pharmacists are active participants in public health. Some of their expanded repertoire of services include:
* Conducting health and wellness testing
* Managing chronic diseases
* Performing medication management
* Administering immunizations
* Partnering with health systems to advance health and wellness
* Helping to reduce hospital readmissions
Pharmacies refill prescriptions based on the number of “days supply.” So, if you are given a month’s supply of a particular medication, you can replenish your supply at your local pharmacy on the 27th or 28th day of the month. This system ensures that patients will have enough time to refill their regular prescriptions while allowing pharmacists to perform their “gatekeeper” function to safeguard the community against the unsupervised distribution of powerful pharmaceuticals.
When you run out of a prescription, you should contact your doctor to explain the situation. In some cases, your doctor may be able to contact the pharmacy and refill your prescription by phone. If it is after hours and you are in immediate need of your medication, your local urgent care center has late hours and an on-site pharmacy to meet your essential medical needs without sending you to a hospital. However, if you are experiencing a physical or psychological emergency, please call 911 at once.
- Moullin, J. C., Sabater-Hernández, D., Fernandez-Llimos, F., & Benrimoj, S. I. (2013). Defining professional pharmacy services in community pharmacy. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy, 9(6), 989–995. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2013.02.005
- Toklu, H. Z., & Hussain, A. (2013). The changing face of pharmacy practice and the need for a new model of pharmacy education. Journal of Young Pharmacists, 5(2), 38–40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jyp.2012.09.001
- Bates, I., John, C., Bruno, A., Fu, P., & Aliabadi, S. (2016). An analysis of the global pharmacy workforce capacity. Human Resources for Health, 14(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12960-016-0158-z