Urgent Care Near Margate, FL
Dr. Gs Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic Serves the Area of Margate, FL. Our Clinic Has Top Doctors and is Open 7 Days a Week! We Specialize in Urgent Care Services, Injury and Illness Treatments, Physical Exams, Occupational Medicine, Pediatric Care, and Adult Care. We Are Conveniently Located at 2224 N. University Drive Coral Springs, FL 33071. Call (954) 280-1734 For More Information!
Urgent care is more than just a convenience; sometimes it’s necessary, like when a common health situation requires urgent attention. For example, if your child gets injured playing sports and has a minor fracture, you’ll want to have it treated before it becomes serious. Or if anyone in your family has strep throat, you’ll want to have them treated right away to prevent the infection from spreading to other family members. In these situations, urgent care is necessary, and for urgent care near Margate FL, you can come right over to Dr. Gs Urgent Care!
What can be done at urgent care?
Urgent care offers a lot of the same services your family physician can provide, and more. And with Dr. Gs Urgent Care, you’ll have access to even more than what your typical urgent care clinic can provide! Here are some of the services we provide here at our urgent care center:
- Primary and preventive healthcare, including pediatric, adult, and geriatric care (for children, adults, and seniors)
- Minor injury care for simple fractures, sprains, strains, dislocations, cuts, and abrasions
- Medications for colds, the flu, bronchitis, minor respiratory conditions (such as asthma), allergies, and mild allergic reactions
- Treatment for nausea, vomiting, mild food poisoning, skin conditions, and infections (like urinary tract infections or STDs in young adults)
- Specialized physicals and annual physicals
- X-rays and lab tests
- Occupational medicine and rehabilitation
- And even an in-house pharmacy where you can have your prescriptions filled!
The bottom line is that you can come see us for any common, minor condition or common healthcare service, and we can take on patients of any age, including children.
What is the difference between the ER and an urgent care center?
This is a great question, and it’s important for you to keep the answer in mind. With an urgent care center, a person can be treated for any minor, non-life-threatening condition, such as a minor fracture or the flu in adults. But urgent care centers aren’t able to treat major, life-threatening conditions like a major fracture or the flu in infants, both of which can be very serious and yes, life-threatening.
If you’re ever in a health situation you know or believe is life-threatening, then you must call 911 and go to the ER (emergency room). Only the ER is able to treat life-threatening conditions. But if you are absolutely sure that the situation is not life-threatening, then you can go to urgent care instead. In fact, for non-life-threatening situations, it’s actually better to go to urgent care because you’ll be treated more quickly and treatment will be less expensive, but remember, the ER is absolutely necessary for life-threatening situations.
What should I bring to urgent care?
Urgent care is quick, convenient, and affordable healthcare, but to make sure the experience is as simple for you as possible, it’s important to bring with you:
- A form of identification – A driver’s license, passport, student identification card, etc.
- Your healthcare insurance card – Dr. Gs Urgent Care works with most major insurance providers to help you cover the costs of your visits with us
- Means of payment – Like a debit or credit card
Do you provide urgent care near Margate, FL?
Yes, Dr. Gs Urgent Care has a clinic near you over at 2224 N. University Drive Coral Springs, FL 33071. Come visit us for a same-day appointment, or if you’d prefer to, book an appointment with us at (954) 280-1734 or online. We’re open for you 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, so come see us whenever you need to!
We look forward to seeing you soon here at Dr. Gs Urgent Care.